LEARN TO SWIM AND LITTLE OTTERS
These programs are instrumental to general water safety, passing the Band Test, and the continued success of the Swim Team as we prepare and begin the transition into competitive swimming. All sessions are held under the direction of the Swim Team Coaches. Almost all Swim Team members have built their foundation in these programs. Participation in all three sessions will optimize growth. This system works!
- Due to the increasing size and competitiveness within OOSC, it is important to place your child in the optimal group that will provide the swim instructions they need in order to reach their goals.
- Aspiring Swim Team Members must be able to complete ONE FULL LAP OF FREESTYLE AND ½ LAP OF BACKSTROKE. If an athlete is unable to satisfy these benchmarks, they will be placed in LTS/LO. No exceptions.
- HOWEVER, if during the season, a swimmer is able to complete Swim Team criteria, they may transition to the Swim Team if this is a goal.
- If you have ANY questions, concerns, regarding placement and your child’s swim needs or ANYTHING do not hesitate to email coach Sara at CoachSarah@oldorchardswimclub.com.
Learn to Swim, 11:30 -12:00, Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays:
Learn to Swim is perfect for anyone who is just getting started in the water. In this group emerging swimmers learn to get comfortable in the water and begin the very basics of swimming including kicking, arm movements, and proper breathing techniques. Children will be in small groups, maximum of three, with one or two instructors. This highly individualized attention builds comfortable and fun relationships for our new swimmers.
Little Otters, 11:00 – 11:30, Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays:
Little Otters is Old Orchard Swim Team’s “Pre-Team”. In this group our Little Otters will work their way to achieving goals such as perfecting freestyle, introducing other strokes, and getting their band. Children must be able to use a kick-board on their own and have a basic freestyle stroke to be in this group. Children will be in small groups with instructors to guide them.
Schedule: 6 classes per session, $45 per session per child
- SESSION 1: JUNE 26 – JULY 6 (Mon, Tue, & Thurs)
- SESSION 2: JULY 10 – JULY 20 (Mon, Tue, & Thurs)
- SESSION 3: JULY 24 – AUGUST 3 (Mon, Tue, & Thurs)