The following rules and regulations have been established for the protection of all members of the Old Orchard Swim Club (“OOSC”) and their guests to ensure the safe and sanitary operation of the facilities.
These rules governing the operation of the facilities and the recreation areas will be posted on the bulletin board.
Parents are requested to caution their children to observe these rules and to obey the instructions of the Board of Trustees, Management Team, lifeguards and other employees. Failure to comply with these rules may be sufficient cause for the suspension of privileges or, if persisted, for the revocation of membership.
Members are required to inform their guests of all regulations.
The Board of Trustees has delegated the authority to enforce these rules to the Management Team and questions regarding their application should be discussed directly with a member of the Management Team.
Please refer to the calendar for the current season hours of operation and pool events. Please note that pool hours are subject to change due to inclement weather at the discretion of the OOSC board of trustees and management.
The pool may be closed for general swimming to accommodate special functions or for necessary maintenance operations as designated by the Board of Trustees. If our pool is closed, you may show your cards at any swim club in Cherry Hill to use their pool during the time ours is closed.
Children 2 years of age after October 1st of the current year are considered a billable dependent.
Children 10 years of age and over by October 1st of the current year will be allowed in the pool area alone until 6:00pm. ALL children under 10 years of age MUST BE accompanied by a parent or responsible member 14 years of age or older at ALL times.
Children under 13 years of age by October 1st of the current year will not be allowed in the pool after 6:00pm unless accompanied by a member 18 years of age or older.
Children turning 18 years of age by October 1st of the current year will be considered adults.
The “kiddie pool” is for children 5 years of age and under ONLY, who MUST be accompanied by an adult responsible for their safety and conduct. THERE IS NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY AT THIS POOL.
GUESTS AND VISITORS
GUESTS OF MEMBERS: Guests are defined as non-members residing OUTSIDE of the areas that would normally qualify the individual to be members of OOSC. Dependent members over the age of thirteen years may bring guests to the pool with the approval of an adult sponsoring member. ALL guests must be accompanied by a member 13 years of age or older.
Guests may be registered for daily or weekly periods.
GUEST FEE SCHEDULE: No charge for senior citizens (65 and older). Babysitter fee is $100 for the season.
WEEKDAYS: $8.00 ($5.00 after 6pm), $20 family rate
WEEKENDS: $10.00 ($5.00 after 6pm), $25 family rate
WEEKLY RATES: Individual $45.00, Family $110.00
The sponsoring adult member, upon entering the grounds, must register ALL guests.
A guest book will be maintained which the sponsor must sign.
Residents eligible for OOSC membership shall not be admitted to OOSC as guests, except as a guest of a member at a specially designated event. Violation of this rule will result in the withdrawal of the sponsoring adult member’s swimming privileges for the remainder of that season.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Expectorating and blowing noses, urinating or defecating in the pools is prohibited.
- Admission to the pools may be refused to anyone with a cold, cough, inflamed eye(s), infection or when wearing a bandage.
- EVERYONE must shower before entering the pool.
- All children under 2 years of age MUST wear plastic pants over swim diapers if not toilet trained.
- There will be NO SWIMMING during electrical storms.
- Running, pushing, wrestling, dunking, ball playing or disturbances will NOT be tolerated in the bathhouse, snack area, pool areas or the pool proper.
- Hair exceeding shoulder length MUST be tied back to gain entry to the main pool.
- Only one (1) person is allowed on the diving boards and/or slide at a time.
- Diving or jumping from the side of the diving boards is prohibited.
- Swimming across the pool under the diving boards is prohibited.
- Diving or jumping from the sides of the pool in the diving board area is prohibited.
- Non-swimmers shall remain in safe areas of the pool until qualified by a lifeguard for deep-water swimming.
- Proper swim attire must be worn in the pool. This does NOT include cut-offs, jeans or tennis shorts.
- All children and guests under the age of thirteen (13), using any part of the main pool, with the exception of the shallow area, must pass a band test to swim in designated areas of the pool and/or use the slide and diving boards. One band test may be taken per day.
- A lifeguard or manager will administer the test and successful completion of the test will be at the discretion of that lifeguard and/or manager.
- The cost for a swim band is $1.00 (refundable to guests).
- Replacement bands may be obtained for $1.00.
- See Manager or Lifeguard for any further information you may need referring to bands.
- Members MUST present their OOSC ID cards and sign in each time they enter the club. A replacement fee will be charged for each lost card.
- NO alcoholic beverages are permitted at OOSC, with the exception being at sanctioned adult social events.
- NO smoking on the inside of pool grounds, with the exception being at sanctioned adult social events.
- Members are responsible for the conduct of their guests, as well as any guest accompanying a dependent thirteen (13) years of age or older.
- Baby carriages and strollers are not permitted on the pool aprons.
- Inner tubes, toys or snorkel equipment are not allowed in the main pool unless approved by the OOSC Management Team. Inflatable plastic toys are allowed in the “kiddie pool” if not crowded.
- Food or refreshments of any description may be consumed only in prescribed areas.
- NO GLASS CONTAINERS WILL BE PERMITTED IN OOSC.
- NO ANIMALS ARE ALLOWED, except guide dogs.
- No member or guest shall permit abusive language. A no tolerance rule against abusive language, bullying, disregard for Management and rules of OOSC will be strictly enforced. Violations may result in removal from the pool and it premises.
- Members and guests must drive SLOWLY AND CAREFULLY at all times in the club area.
- The opening and closing of the pool due to weather conditions shall be the responsibility of the OOSC Management.
- No loitering will be permitted in the check-in area.
- All members and guests, including children, using OOSC’s facilities do so at their own risk. OOSC will NOT be responsible for any accident or injury in connection with such use.
- Persons wearing street shoes will not be permitted on the pool aprons.
- Chairs will be permitted in designated areas only and not on the pool apron. Upon leaving the pool, all chairs must be returned to its designated storage areas.
- Individuals 18 years of age and older are allowed first use of OOSC lounge chairs. Others may bring their own lounge chairs to use although OOSC will NOT assume responsibility for them.
- All members are required to cooperate in keeping OOSC clean. Please remove any trash to appropriate containers.
- All notices for posting must be submitted to the OOSC Management Team for approval by the OOSC board of trustees.
- The cost(s) of any property damage will be charged directly to the responsible member.
- An Adult Swim will be conducted daily at the discretion of the manager for lasting 15 minutes each time, at 2pm, 3pm and 4pm.
PLAYGROUND SAFETY REGULATIONS
The playground equipment is to be used for its intended purposes only. Anyone misusing the equipment will be referred to management for disciplinary action. Throwing sand will not be permitted.
USE AND CARE OF PROPERTY
A. CLUB PROPERTY
- The cost to repair or replace any damaged property will be charged to the responsible member. If a guest or minor causes damage, the sponsoring member will be charged.
- Deck chairs, umbrellas and picnic tables are provided on a first come, first serve basis. They will be provided and offered to those 18 years of age and older during peak hours.
- Members may check out athletic equipment and return in the same in which it was received. A deposit may be required and refunded upon return of the equipment.
B. PERSONAL PROPERTY
- OOSC is not responsible for loss of, or damage to, personal property.
- OOSC has no facilities for checking valuables or storing clothes.
- All personal property remaining at OOSC at the end of the season will be disposed of.
SANCTIONS AND DISCIPLINE
1. The Management is granted full authority to temporarily suspend pool privileges for rule violations, pending Board approval. Disciplinary action, as appropriate, may include any of the following:
a. Oral warning by pool personnel
b. Written warning
c. Benching by pool personnel
d. Suspension of club privileges for a period not to exceed one month, at the discretion of the Board
e. Suspension of revocation of club membership privilege in accordance with OOSC Bylaws.
f. Any other penalty, or combination of sanctions listed above, deemed appropriate by the Board.
2. Any and all penalties will be documented in the violations logbook and signed off by the manager on duty.
3. Unauthorized admission (non-paid guests)
a. First offense – $25.00 fine, which must be paid before sponsor member may reenter.
b. Second offense – Suspension of club privileges for one week.
c. Third offense – Suspension of club privileges for the remainder of the season.
4. Discipline Policy for Children (17 years of age and under)
a. Unsafe or inappropriate behavior includes, but is not limited to, rowdy or disruptive behavior, fighting, profane language, running, pushing, rough play, dangerous or disruptive ball playing, making unnecessary disturbances or other conduct affecting the safety and comfort of others.
b. Lifeguards will notify children of any unsafe or inappropriate behavior and request that the behavior stop immediately. If the behavior continues, lifeguards have the authority to sit the child out of the pool for a period of time deemed appropriate by the lifeguard, as determined by Management.
c. If the child is issued a third warning for any reason or for fighting, the child may be directed to leave the club for the remainder of the day. This action may carry over to the next day, depending on the time of day. The manager will notify parents.
d. If the child is required to leave the club three times, that child may be suspended for one week. The Board will notify parents in writing.
e. If after returning from a one-week suspension, a child again begins to cause trouble, that child may be suspended for a month. The Board will notify parents in writing.
5. False/Misleading Information on Membership Application/Dues Forms
Providing false or misleading information on a membership application form or annual dues form may result in penalties of up to 1 year suspension of the family membership, at the discretion of the Board.