Interested in being a Lifeguard for the 2017 summer season:
OOSC Application For Employment-2017
Currently, we are gauging our needs for Lifeguard staff for the 2017 season. We will know, sometime in mid April, how many new guards we will need on staff.
Here are a few things we advise any perspective lifeguard:
- If it’s only Old Orchard Swim Club where you want to work, we give hiring preferences to guards with experience, and guards looking to work full-time.
- Because we won’t know our staffing needs until early April, if you really want to be a lifeguard, remember there are other pools close by that will most likely need new guards as well.
- New Lifeguards are required to take the Cherry Hill Fire Department’s FREE Lifeguard Refresher Course. For $25, they also offer a CPR Recertification Program. The dates for this course and typically runs in early to mid May. Details will be added shortly. But you must be sponsored by a swim club in Cherry Hill. If you are a member of OOSC, we would be happy to sponsor you regardless of being an employee.
- Of course, any new guards MUST come to us with current Red Cross Lifeguard, CPR/AED, First-Aid Certification. Letters from organizations saying a card will be coming will not qualify you before another applicant.
- Perspective employees who need working papers signed will need to have them signed by their school representatives and ready before they can be processed as an employee.
Once our staffing needs are known, we will contact you again and begin the hiring process. ATTACHED (use the link above) is the 2017 Old Orchard Swim Club application for you to have ahead of time in anticipation of this process. At this time, feel free to complete it and send it in (address is within), or hold onto it until you hear from us in April.
Thank you for your interest,
Chris Dollarton * Old Orchard Board Representative